Police record statements during investigation of Gombak food contamination

Eight people have given statements to the police as part of their investigation into food poisoning which killed two.

Noor Ariffin Mohamad Nasir, Asst Comm Noor Ariffin Mohamad Nasir of the Gombak OCPD said in a statement released on Wednesday (12 June) that the police had recorded statements by family members as well as the food supplier.

He added that the other victims of food poisoning were also identified.

ACP Noor Ariffin stated that the police is currently recording the statements of those involved directly in the preparation of the food and event organizers.

According to the Selangor Health Department, a food poisoning outbreak in Gombak led to 2 deaths and 82 illnesses. It is believed that the incident was caused by a meal consisting of fried bihuns and fried eggs served at an event for a school.

Dr Ummi Kasthom Shamsudin, the state health director, said previously that the meal had been catered by a third party. Out of 247 people who ate the food, 82 (33%) showed symptoms.

Related Articles