Selangor Health Director: If you experience symptoms of food poisoning, seek immediate medical attention.

PETALING JAYA – Those who are experiencing symptoms of the food poisoning that caused two deaths in Gombak have been told to seek immediate medical attention at a health facility in order to avoid complications.

The department received a food poisoning report following a program in Gombak, which took place on Saturday (8th June) and involved 30 primary school students.

In a Tuesday (June 11, 2018) statement, Dr Ummi Kasthom Shamsudin, the state director of Health said that 82 people (33%) showed symptoms. Two deaths also occurred.

The victims ranged in age from 19 months up to 58, and included teachers, school staff, event organizers, and family members.

They include diarrhoea and stomach pain, as well as fever, nausea, vomiting, and nausea.

“A total 28 cases received outpatient treatment, but there were no hospitalizations.”

Dr Ummi KALTHOM said, “Two patients died without treatment at any healthcare facility.”

She stated that the meal had been prepared by an outside caterer, and samples were sent to the National Public Health Laboratory at Sungai Buloh in order to determine the exact cause.

Dr Ummi kalthom said that investigations were ongoing to detect and contain new cases.

The first death was that of a 17-year old boy, while the second one was that of a 19-month-old toddler.

She said that both victims were believed to have eaten food brought by their families.

She said that program organizers and the general public were advised to choose food suppliers or premises carefully and to ensure their cleanliness.

She also encouraged caterers to ensure food safety and hygiene is always practiced.

Noor Ariffin Mohamad Nasir, Asst Comm Noor Ariffin Mohamad Nasir of the Gombak OCPD confirmed that two people had died on Tuesday.

He said that the teenager ate food that his mother had brought him after he attended a religious program at the school Saturday.

After eating the food, he said, both the victim and his mother had diarrhoea. At 1.30pm, on Monday (10th June), the victim began to lose consciousness.

Around 10.45am, the second victim, who ate food brought to the school by her father on Saturday while he was working as a security officer, was diagnosed with a fever, diarrhoea and vomiting.

Related Articles